Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sacrifice is Tasty


I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work the other day, and while I was there I picked up a box of Halloween sugar cookies. When I opened the box, I let Molly pick two - a pumpkin and a leaf. Then I went back to whatever I was doing and when BB asked if she could have a cookie I told her to pick two. Molly was telling BB her cookie looked like a pumpkin, so I asked what shape BB had chosen.

"A goat."

A goat? In a box of Halloween-shaped cookies? Did I miss the small print: Samhain Sacrifice cookies? Is there also a chicken-head shaped cookie in there? A machete? (And why am I not surprised she chose a goat?)

As I started to ask if she was serious, she said "Oh, I mean a ghost." Whew!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Well, it is NoLa. Goat, chicken head, Voodoo priestess ... yep, that's about right.