Sunday, April 5, 2009

Who wants to ride in Barbie's car?

My birthday is next month (*coughBarnesandNoblegiftcardcough*), so next year (2010) I will be 40. Will someone please explain to me how I still have acne breakouts? I mean, COME ON!!! I've dealt with this shit my whole life....I thought I'd be done with it by now. I've got a bathroom full of soaps and creams and gels, but I can't achieve zit-less success. When I was a teenager, it was really, really bad. And everyone (strangers too, thanks for the unsolicited advice, ass munches) always told me it was just my teenage years and would go away. Even though I knew I was being ridiculous, when I woke up on my 20th birthday the first thing I did was check the mirror to see if my acne had gone away since I was no longer a teenager. Silly, I know, but what's life without wishes, right? Seriously, though, lest you think this is a whiny, why-me post, I know there are some upsides to my skin type - things like no flaking in the winter and no wrinkles. I'm sure there are plenty of women who would gladly trade. The grass is always greener and all that shit.....

I'm reading another paranormal series, this one about a witch and vampire who are best friends and run a sort of supernatural private eye type thing. I bought the first book, and the girl at the Barnes and Noble (hint) said "That's a good series. The first book is kind of slow, but they definitely get better." Well, she was right, the first one was kind of slow, but I usually try to read the 1st and 2nd book in a series before I make my decision, and after book 2 decided to continue reading the series. When I'm trying to decide what to read or whether to continue, I look online for reviews, or sometimes I'll google a question and see if an answer pops up. Well, this time it bit me on the ass and I found out ahead of time that one of the characters I really like dies. I immediately stopped, so I didn't know where or when, but I did know that this character is really dead, can't come back to life dead. So, I got to the part where said character dies, and even though I knew it was coming, I cried like a baby. It was so sad, as I ws crying I was thinking in the back of my head that the author is really good. Even in the next book, there were a few scenes where they reminisced about the character and I got sad. I know, I know, I'm a wuss.

To end on a happy note, I was in the car with the kids, forwarding though songs on the Ipod, and Molly yells, "No, put it on Twilight!" hahaha - that's my vampy girl! Maybe I'll dress her as a vampire for halloween :)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

She'll have Vamp teeth before she starts kindergarten!!