Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mine.

Greetings from planet book. I’ve been reading so much that my eyes hurt. Seriously, not as an example, but a fact. Ouchey eyes, that’s me.

Molly-moo is in the throes of her “terrible twos”, oh my God is she ever. Tantrums, throwing stuff, spitting. She’s even bitten BB twice – hard enough to leave marks! (H1 and SIL – still want her?) Oh, and everything is "mine." Everything. Nothing is safe from "mine".

School is going well for the other kids – well enough that we have agreed to Ian’s request to push his bedtime back to 10:00. It’s on a trial basis, but I have faith that he’ll make good on his promise to keep his grades up and not be a bear in the mornings.

Oh, I had to turn in my “I’m not The Establishment” card the other day. I don’t think I’m allowed to wear an anarchy symbol on my person anymore (if I wanted to, which I don’t. But if I DID want to, I think they would somehow know.). It was about 4:00 on a weekday, and I was walking towards my building. My building has a huge set of steps that go up one whole story that take up about half a city block, and is set on the corner of one of the busiest intersections in the downtown area – cars, busses, pedestrians, and streetcar traffic. So anyway, as I’m approaching the building I realize there are about 4 kids with skateboards, going up the steps, skating across the flat set of marble, then going airborne over the steps to land (hopefully on the sidewalk and not in the street). So, crochety old lady that I am, I told security. I felt bad about it, and if it was the weekend I wouldn’t have looked twice, but it was a busy time of day, and they could either end up in the street, or land on a pedestrian on the sidewalk who wouldn’t be looking out for a flying kid coming at them from above. I will say this, security was out the door in a flash. And the two maintenance workers were like, “skateboarders, let’s go see!!”

Oh, here’s something else – J and I went out drinking Saturday night! I know, I know, you can’t believe it, but it’s true. Not only that, but I surpassed my two drink maximum by drinking 4 margaritas!! Might have been 5, I’m a bit fuzzy about the end….But, we had a good time and saw friends we haven’t seen in a long time.

Oh, here’s one other thing that I find disturbing (pun intended). You know that “kids rock” music thing – the one where kids sing the most recent hits? Well, I saw a commercial for their most recent CD the other day, and it included a clip of the kids singing Rhianna’s “Disturbia”. Now that is creepy. Very, very creepy. Where were the stage parents for that decision? Ick.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

You ratted the skateboarders? FOR SHAME! Your brother was a skater punk gurl.

Glad you got your drink on, you deserve a good time.

And yes - YES - we still want Molly Moo!

Anonymous said...

He was a little dick back then, too. And yes you can have Molly. Loved the lunch, baby. Lets do it again soon.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I know, I know, I have guilt about the skateboarders, but it was a SAFETY ISSUE!!!! Really!

And yes, J, I'll do lunch with you any day!!!