Thursday, July 31, 2008

Crazy Town

Yesterday was the weirdest day I've had in a while...

To get to work, I park in a lot and ride a shuttle bus 9 blocks to my office. Recently there were some "paperwork" problems and they had to stop the shuttle and hire a bus to shuttle clients until they could get their "paperwork" (i.e. bribe to city workers) sorted out.

Yesterday, I get on the bus along with one other lady mid-afternoon to go back to the parking lot. The bus driver starts driving and says "What is this bus for?" Wait. You are driving the bus and you don't know why? So we tell her it's for the park-n-ride. "Where's the garage?" WTF? You're driving people to and from the garage and you don't know where it is??!! So we tell her how to get there and then she rambles on about how no other drivers want to pick up the job because it doesn't pay, etc. etc. Weird. I get off the bus and go about my business, coming back about an hour later to the parking lot and wait for the bus to bring me back to work. And wait. And wait. And when the bus shows up, she's got Burger King. There is no BK on the bus route she is supposed to be driving. The closest BK is on St. Charles Avenue. It's a 4 hour shift - she couldn't have eaten before or waited until she was done? 'Cause she's making me late. Also, as I'm getting onto the bus I see one of the passengers consoling her and telling her it wasn't her fault and "it doesn't cost anything to be polite". This can't be good. But, I get on the bus and away we go. We pick up people at the first stop, and she tells them they're standing in the wrong place (they weren't) and next time they won't get picked up. When we all tell her they are in the right spot she starts arguing and telling us we aren't listening to her and that if they want to be picked up next time they'd better be on the corner. Where they are doing construction. And there's no sidewalk due to the construction. At a very busy downtown intersection.

Later in the day, I'm headed over to Mom's. I stop at McD's drive through to get dinner for the kids. I order:
1 Big Mac meal,
1 double cheeseburger kid's meal, and
1 hamburger kid's meal.

I look at the screen and it says:
1 Big Mac meal,
1 chicken nugget meal, and
1 hamburger kid's meal.

So I correct him and it's all correct on the screen and I pay and drive to the next window, where I receive:
1 Big Mac meal,
1 chicken nugget meal, and
1 hamburger kid's meal.

No. I hand her the nuggets and tell her it's supposed to be a dbl cheeseburger. She leaves, comes back, and tells me no, you get a hamburger. No, I need a dbl cheeseburger. No, she tells me again. As I go to show her the receipt she says "hold on" and walks away. She comes back and says, "How is that dbl cheeseburger made?" WTF??!! Which one of us works here?! Eventually I got my order and left. Without making it myself.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

You see why we stay in Houston? It's the little things.

Anonymous said...

See why we are leaving when we retire. Because I'll have too much time on my hands to plan my next murder of the assholes that live in this city that believe that its an inconvenience to them that they have to work in life to get by.