Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Show me your teeth*

*Lady Gaga


My family tells me I've been ignoring this baby. They're right. I have the usual excuses: work, family, my other blog..but that doesn't mean I don't have shit bouncing around inside my head. Yeah, I said shit - and sometimes that feels literal. So today you get one of my random musings:

Now, my intention is that this will be a fun, upbeat post. The only problem with that is that in writing about my subject matter, I will be making a statement that sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself, and that is not the case at all. I'm using this (so far mysterious) statement as a contrast to showcase my actual subject matter.

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?" you're thinking, right? Well, I'll give you a break - I'm talking about smiles. There are three separate things that got me to thinking about this subject (in no particular order):

1. I hate to have my picture taken
2. My newest sister-in-law
3. A music video on my friend Kris' blog (NSFW)

So, let's start with my "mysterious" statement: I'm not pretty. Am I pretty on the inside? I certainly think so. But I'm not physically attractive at all, even when I was thin. Now, see, I'm not saying that for sympathy, it is what it is. Get over it and keep reading:

This music video I saw over at Kris' place, Housewife by Jay Brannan, (remember, this site is NSFW!) features a young guy singing. He's okay-looking...until he smiles. When he smiles he's breathtaking. If you do go look at the site, the "still shot" is not what I'm referring to, you have to watch for the smile.

My three brothers all married beautiful women (seriously, if I put up a family photo, you'd look at those three and think "damn, those chicks are hot!"), but today I'm going to focus on my newest sister-in-law. She doesn't read this blog, and I'm not sure if my brother does either, so I'm just going to lay it on straight. She's cute as a button, very pretty. When she smiles...wow. She's got a smile that would stop traffic. Seriously, you read about smiles that transform faces, but until you actually meet someone with a smile like that you just don't get it. When she smiles she will knock you off your feet.

She is not afraid of the camera, none of my sisters-in-law are. I don't think the Housewife guy is either. And it makes me wonder what it would be like to see a camera and not automatically want to turn away or hide in the back. Because of my camera aversion I am a terrible photographer - I forget to bring my camera more often than not, and even when I do, I forget to use it.

So, I don't really have an end to this ramble, just that I wonder what it would be like to have a gorgeous smile, sort of like I wonder what it would be like to be am millionaire or speak 7 languages. I think it would be fun; I really can't see any drawbacks.

*shrugs* That's all. Carry on.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Beautiful? Okay, you've been drinking early this morning!! haha Thanks for the compliment booboo!

Don't think I love the camera anymore than you daw'lin, I just don't give two shits what I look like anymore is all.

Louisiana Rose said...

I can't believe we failed as parents!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Look at the photo with you and baby Ian, look at the photo from 9th grade, look at your wedding photos....

...and your girls look exactly like YOU!! Tell me they aren't beautiful!

I oughta strangle you!!!

And yes, you're also beautiful on the inside!

Anonymous said...

What your momma said. I think you have a beautiful smile, a beautiful face, and a wonderful personality. If you weren't my niece....we'd still be friends! I love Hannah's new picture on FB of the 2 of you!...Auntie M

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Okay... Hugs honey! Hugs galore!

Kris said...

You are in serious trouble now, Patti! Your Mumma's gonna back-of-the-head slap you but good. :)

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Hannah: Drinking early is the best way to get started!!

Mom: Thanks.

Maggie: Thanks also.

Cecile: :)

Kris: Yup - waiting for the head slap in the am :)