Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Miscellaneous miscellany.....

They held a protest/rally at Jackson Square last weekend and I think this is my favorite sign...

The kids are back from their trip to Houston - it sounds like everyone had a great time! Molly told me all about H1/SIL's waterbed and chalk drawings and cat. BB spilled out all kinds of fun stuff - they both want to go back!

While they were gone, Friday night I went to a book signing of one of my favorite authors (my experience here), and Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I slept in and stayed up late! We had friends over Sunday for dinner and Monday was filled with doctor appts for Ian. I had a lot of uninterrupted reading time which was heavenly :)

Termite update: The termite guy came and said yes - termites on the left side of the house; drilled and treated. He didn't see anything in the attic and figured they got in through a vent or something. Whew!

THEN - this weekend I noticed a bunch of straw sticking out of the wall in my bathroom near the ceiling - yup - active termites. So the guy came out and said it was somehow related to the plumbing and he'd have to get a plumber and stonemason out before he treats.

THEN - last night, as I'm walking into our bedroom, I notice two spots on the ceiling. "Please let that be dirt..." - not dirt - termites. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!!!!

So - it was the best of times, it was the worst of times...But I'm looking forward to my "girlfriend weekend" next week - Meeting some fellow book bloggers and SIL (H) for some books and fun!!

3 comments:

Cecile said...

Take the good with the bad I guess... Know what you mean though!!

Yayayy for our weekend next weekend... And I will need that girl time... Daughter will be leaving for trip for 10 days.. sniff sniff... Yayyayayayayay on seeing you soon!!

Hannah said...

You got to sleep in? BITCH!

H1 said...

Love the picture. It's my new wallpaper!