Thursday, January 21, 2010

Catching the Fever

I need to just say that New Orleans is a city on the edge right now.

Usually, we're getting ready for Mardi Gras - the viewing stands are already up in front of Gallier Hall and along St. Charles Avenue and historically people are making parade plans - the parade schedule heats up soon. There are a few parades next weekend, but the party starts in earnest on February 6 and there will be no rest until Fat Tuesday (Feb. 16)!!! Just at a quick glance, there are about 21 parades I want to go to - and that does not include Mardi Gras day (I usually stay home that day - I don't like getting up before dawn to try to wrestle a place to watch parades). I know I won't be able to hit them all but at least I've whittled out the ones I know I'm not going to attend. AND, this year Ian will be working with Jerrod for his Christian Service Hours, so it will be just me and the girls. (How juvenile is it of me that when I hear the phrase "the girls" I always think of boobies?)

That would be normal for this time of year. But this year, the Saints are ONE GAME AWAY from the Superbowl!!! (They actually moved the parade schedule around for Super Bowl Sunday) You can't throw a rock without hitting someone dressed in black and gold (including me) and the radio keeps playing these songs over and over:


This one is really cute - a takeoff of Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA":



and this one really gets the blood pumping:







Here's a variation on that one I hadn't heard before:




(for anyone not local, the guy in the beginning jumping around is Bobby Hebert - a former Saints player and local beloved Cajun celebrity)

And of course the 2010 remix of the song from 2005 (after Katrina):



and Kermit Ruffins:



GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

We got dis baby - Shockey gonna bring mama a BOWL ring dis year!!

Danielle said...

Hmmm... American football.
*smile and nod, smile and nod... pretend like you know what she's talking about*.
I like watching the Superbowl commercials on YouTube.