Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You can't go wrong with a girl who's got her own donkey.

Thanks to a particularly entertaining episode of "House", J and I had to explain the term "Donkey Show" to Ian. Ah, the joys of parenthood.

I'll let you in on a sad secret - As I check the blogs daily for new posts, I also check mine. Duh, nothing new, big surprise.

Christmas was fawesome!!! H1 and SIL(H) came for a great visit - I can't even remember all the things that had us rolling with laughter. The whole family was here for dinner - it was all good. AND, we're going to Houston for New Year's weekend. Since I don't have Jan 2 off, they're going to let me work out of the Houston office - yay!!! Can't wait!

I mentioned to J that we could bring SIL's wine (late Christmas gift) and BB said "SIL lost her mind? Well...she IS crazy!" haha - out of the mouth of babes!

I've spent the last few weeks with my face in a book, or should I say, lots of books- my family forgot what I look like. I've missed a whole season of House, Chuck, and Heroes. I've been in a vampire rut - it started with Twilight, then True Blood/The Southern Vampire mysteries. Then a co-worker introduced me to the Dark Hunter books (can you say sexy vampire time?), and now, most recently I just finished The Black Dagger Brotherhood series (loved it!). Also loved the Outlander series, although it's not a vampire book.

And I finally got a new cell phone, so now maybe I'll hear my incoming calls. It's got a chip of some sort so I can load music onto it for ringtones - yay!

We're thinking of heading up to visit (meet) Jerrod's grandmother this summer. She lives in Hillsboro, OR, so it will be quite a bit of work to figure out the logistics of the trip as J doesn't fly and I can't take two weeks off to drive. Basically, we're fighting over who has to keep the kids!! Maybe I'll bargain to keep the kids if we can drive to Forks while we're there? It's about 5 hours away - hmmm...it has possibilities!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You visit Forks without me, you die. Can't wait to see you all!!