Monday, October 6, 2008

The one where I bitch and moan and then get over it.

Lately I feel like I can't keep up. The cats are a bit more work that I had anticipated, Molly is at that age where she is literally running all over, and now that school is back in session we have a lot going on. BB already has a girl scout field trip scheduled (a 5-hour trip to Gonzales I might add), and the birthday party invitations are pouring in. Homework has to be checked (J mostly does this and I love him for it!). Lunches have to be made. I do one large load of laundry every day and about 4 loads on the weekend (sheets and misc), dishwasher every 2-3 days, clean the bathrooms (basics only - truthfully I'm mortified when people come over and use them because they really are gross) and change bed linens on Saturdays, sweep and swiffer as needed (which is a lot more with the kitties) and continuously pick up toys, books, games, and empty water bottles. I feel like it's a never-ending cycle and I'm not keeping up. Like a mound of trash and dirt are slowly covering me and I'm drowning underneath it. Every evening when I walk into the house after work I see what I should be doing to make it right, clean. I'm embarassed to admit that I can't remember the last time I dusted. J graciously suggested getting someone to come in every two weeks to help. That would be awesome!! But... Ian needs braces, and our stove and washing machine are in the process of dying. So, as much as I REALLY would like to jump on the domestic assistance wagon, I don't think we can. But I WANT it!!!!!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

You should set up a Paypal donation area on your site, I know I'd put in on a little relief for you!! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

In BB's words: Build a bridge & get over it! I'm still laughing at that one. Try writing to Oprah. She loves giving away cars & stuff. Maybe she'll give you a merry maid.