Tuesday, July 15, 2008

On second thought, I don't feel guilty.

I really WAS feeling guilty over that whole "you're no. 1" incident, but then an encounter in the grocery store changed that. I was standing in a long line (gee, that never happens) with my arms full (I had three bulky items and no free hands) and I wanted to grab a magazine off the rack by the registers. I was getting a weird vibe off the guy behind me, so I didn't want to walk up and grab it because I just knew he wouldn't let me back in my place and I didn't want to deal with it. So I waited until I could get close enough to grab it and not get out of line. Well, an employee opened up the next register and called me over. I put my 3 items on the counter and turned around to grab the magazine (which was 3 steps away), at which point the guy behind me put his stuff (a bottle of cheap rum and a bottle of Coke) in front of mine and told the guy to ring him up!!! "I hope you don't mind, but I'm in a rush". Then he paid cash, but the employee hadn't opened up any of his change yet, so I had to wait for that too. What a jerk. As he left, he said "enjoy your cake". I should have told HIM that he's No. 1.

No comments: