Friday, February 1, 2008

"Wants" and "Gets"

I have been thrust, again, into one of Dante's lesser-known circles of hell. This one is the "microfiche circle", also known as "Oh my God, this freakin' sucks!". I have been copying microfiche, page by miserable page, on the world's oldest machine. Thank heaven for my Ipod, that's all I'm sayin'.

Today, however, I got a break. "How nice," you must be thinking. Well, you're WRONG! I got a break because Molly is sick. I just got back from the doctor, and she has an upper respiratory infection. But he can't give her any medicine for it because her diaper rash is so bad. So, he gave me a cream for the rash and directions to keep her diaper off for the next few days. So, I'm gonna have to cut back on my parade schedule, way back. Which is okay because it was starting to unravel anyway. But, you know I love my Muses....hopefully we'll still be able to go to that one tonight, since it was cancelled last night due to inclement weather. But, back to Molly's butt, things should be interesting around here with no diaper. I think I'm going to cover everything with plastic, a'la the 1970s.

I must switch gears here and thank KenEllie for a lovely Wednesday evening. Pizza, a movie, and gettin' my hair "did". Muchas gracias to you both.

Oh, remember that post where I was whining about having to make a Mardi Gras float with BB? Well, here's where I eat my words: crunch, munch, swallow...she won 2nd place in the 1st grade division! She'll get her picture taken and she won a mall gift card, pretty cool I guess.

I liked that last 7 random things post, so I've been thinking of other subjects to do (Hannah just beat me to it): 7 reasons I like living in N.O., 7 things I'd like to do before I die, 7 things I like about my family....please feel free to "steal" these and blog - I'd love to read your 7 (you know who you are), and any suggestions for other "7s" would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Ouch for Molly. Yay for pizza and new hair. Yay for BB.

Two outta three aint bad!

Anonymous said...

Because I love you my dear...

7 things about me:

1. I can't sleep on my back because it makes me feel like I am suffacating.

2. I think about being a chef when I retire, but realize I would never have the time to enjoy retirement and be a good chef.

3. I "divorced" my parents when I was ten, but never signed the paperwork. (I was living with my aunt at the time).

4. I also married my highschool sweetheart. I love you too, honey.

5. I hang up my tee shirts because I can't see what they say if they are folded.

6. I can wake up, take a shower, leave the house, and be at work in 20 minutes.

7. I once came in 2nd place in a oyster eating competition.

More to come later...

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

J - you know I hate you for #6!!!!!