Thursday, January 3, 2008

Now taking Requests

As per SIL(H)'s request, here is my shark story (It's not much of a story, but here you go):

When J and I got married, we went to Destin for our honeymoon. One of the things we decided to do was ride those jet-ski things. I think they rented them for 90 min blocks of time. So we each get one, and of course J is much more daring than I am. I'm just puttering around out there, afraid to really hit the throttle because I'm afraid I'm gonna fall off. J meanwhile is all over the place, literally riding circles around me. So, probably around 1 hr into it, I am getting a little braver and venture out a bit deeper and faster. J is still zig-zagging all over the place having a great time. At one point, J fell off his jetski and I had stopped to talk to him. Just as I started to give it a bit of gas to take off again, I catch a glimpse of a fin above the water. So, with J still in the water, I yell "SSSHHHAAARRRKKK!!!" and high-tail it back to the shallows - full throttle. Leaving J back there in the water. With the shark.

Truly, in all probability there was no shark. I was nervous about being out there and probably imagined it, because no one else saw one, but it sure seemed real to me. And here we are, 15 years later, and J is still giving me shit about it. Which, all things considered, he is entitled to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't recall ever hearing that story. It's pretty funny... now...

Hannah said...

That is not only funny but HEE-larious!