Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Let me just say this:

I know, I know, you guys think I'm a feminist (I'm not). Mom thinks I'm gonna vote for Hillary (I'm not). But, I will say this:

I was reading through my February issue of Glamour magazine (don't ask) and there was a small blurb about a New York Times Op-Ed writer we sometimes get in our local paper - Nicholas Kristof (you'll have to google him, I'm too tired to search for link I like). He has been doing international "women's stories", and made a very thought-provoking comment: "Countries where the women are marginalized produce a disproportionate number of terrorists." He goes on to say "Women's inequality is the moral challenge of this century".

Chew on that for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hannah said...

Hate it hate. Whether women, animals or humanity in general .. if you can been evil to one, you can be evil to all.

And ya'll don't want to know who I'm voting for!!