Thursday, September 20, 2007

I ain't scurred...well, maybe a little bit...

Anyone who knows me well knows I have crazy dreams. Could be about anything - the possibilities are endless. My favorite dreams involve flying (sadly, I can't remember the last time I had a flying dream). Basically, I take a deep breath and float upwards, taking more deep breaths to stay up. My arms are out to the sides to guide me, and if I want to go lower I exhale a bit. I know it sounds silly, but it's really great. Some of my best dreams are from when I was a kid. Once, I dreamed that I woke up and there were several pairs of earrings under my pillow. (I don't remember if I wanted my ears pierced or had just had them pierced) Once when I was about 12 I dreamed that I woke up and had big boobs - I was excited b/c I had boobs, but upset b/c I didn't have anything to wear!! (I told you sometimes they're weird). I've dreamed that I died, which I hear is impossible but I've done it 3 times that I can remember. As an adult, I sometimes dream about meeting famous people, but I dream about work ALOT. That kinds sucks. But the weirdest dreams I have are kinda scary at the time - even when I wake up if it's in the middle of the night. Sometimes I dream that I'm looking in the mirror and my mirror image is not doing what I'm doing. It's very creepy. Creepy enough to wake me up in the middle of the night. Kinda like - did you play "Bloody Mary" when you were a kid? You know, you go into the bathroom and turn off the light, shut your eyes, and turn around 3 times saying "Bloody Mary" then look in the mirror and supposedly she's there. I guess that game creeped me out enough when I was a kid that there's some kind of residual "what if" in my warped brain.

Okay, enough creepy. This next bit is not for the easily offended: This is what they're coming up with instead of a cure for cancer? I don't know where to begin - it has to be a joke. Let me just say the ladies' version would have to smell like $100 dollar bills or jewelry or something, because the smell of locker room jock is not gonna do it for very many ladies.

I got a new map in my office. For those of you who haven't seen my office, I have a rather large (probably 5 feet across) map of the Gulf of Mexico and parts of the GulfSouth on my wall. The old map was from 2001, so I went to the MMS and got a new one. I guess because the colors on this one are more vivid I immediately see N.O., Houston, and Orlando, and think about how near we are to each other and how far. I look at the map and wonder what you guys are doing right then. It sounds sad, but it's kind of nice - I feel like I'm looking at where you are. So, if you feel like someone's watching you, I probably am!!! (Sorry to my Yankee readers, we only deal with the Gulf of Mexico area, so if I want a map of the US (many US Americans don't have maps haha, I shouldn't laugh at that poor girl) I'll have to go out and buy one so I can spy on you too.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

When we first moved to NoLa your dreams used to freak me out, like you were a Voodoo priestess or something. No joke.

And we don't mind if you watch us from afar, just don't tell everyone when you see me picking my butt!