Thursday, March 29, 2007

I am a murderer. Oh wait, no I'm not.

So, yesterday I stayed home from work with my sick little Molly and I decided to try to get some things done around the house while she was napping. The fishtank has been steadily declining and I noticed yesterday there was about 1/2 a tank of water in it. So, me being me, I filled it. Then, I put water in the filter and plugged it in, and went about my day. Fast forward a few hours. J comes home from a hard day of working in the fields (okay, I think it was a football field, but still) and goes in to feed his fish. Who are staring blankly out at him. Not moving. At all. Oh shit - I killed Oscar. BB starts crying. I'm trying to decide if I should cry or run. J proceeds to calmly explain I should not have done that. There was a reason the filter was not plugged in - it's not working and he was going to fix it this weekend. So, he fixes it, gets everything all set up, and waits. You'll be happy to know that by bedtime Oscar and the gang were swimming around happily. J saves the day - yay J!

2 comments:

Louisiana Rose said...

Husbands sure come in handy sometimes!

Hannah said...

Sometimes ....