Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh yeah, life goes on...*

*John Cougar Mellencamp

Okay, wow, it's been a long time since I really blogged. And let me warn you now I'm drunk blogging so what you get may not be quite what I meant. I started to post this on the 19th :

"I have stuff to post about - but I can't remember what it is. Stuff I come up with in traffic or otherwise engaged. And it's brilliant! Shit."

And it's so true - in the shower and in the car I'm brilliant!! Once I get in front of the computer - nada. So, what's been going on?

Ian got accepted by Auburn University - we are so thrilled! Of course, now we need to work on scholarships and grants... He also got an invitation to apply at St. John's University on Long Island - that's too far away! He doesn't know how to walk in snow, let alone drive in snow!

Bridget went camping with Girl Scouts last weekend and had a great time - she's really got a great leader who does fun stuff with the girls.

BB and Molly got super cute haircuts today with grandma - will post pics soon. Am hoping grandma will hang out with Molly on Friday so we can go to the movies to see Harry Potter - am definitely not going anywhere near a mall!!!

Jerrod went to FL with his brother and dad last weekend to see a Seminoles game - they had a great time and his dad was happy to spend time with his guys.

Got a holiday party coming up in two weeks and have NOTHING TO WEAR!!!! I hate shopping. I can't wear what I wore last year because a - it doesn't fit and b- I wore it two years in a row. Crap.

OMG I just have to say this wine is soooo good. J picked up a bottle when we were in Mexico and I'm sorry we didn't buy more. I love sweet reds and this is excellent!

Am trying to think of what's new with me. Really nothing, been working hard and maintaining my sanity by net surfing. I'm up for a new cell phone and am hoping for an EVO (Ian wants one for Christmas so bad he's practically salivating.). I want a phone that can make calls, text with letters, facebook, tweet, blog, and that I can dictate notes into. That's not too much to ask, right?

We're still hoping to go to Oregon this summer to see Jerrod's family (whom I've never met) so I'm not sure how we're going to check out college campuses, but we need to do that, too.

I'll leave you with this - Brenda told me that when her mom and step-dad met, her mom didn't speak English and her step-dad didn't speak Spanish. When I asked how they communicated, she said "the language of love". Ian piped up "They spoke French?" bahahahaha!!!

No comments: