Friday, August 6, 2010

Numbers


I work a lot with numbers. Not in the add/subtract sense but using numbers as identifiers. I've noticed that when I'm dealing with numbers, my mind sees patterns such as:

21477 - that makes an L on the number pad on the right side of the keyboard
25122 - makes a triangle
36963 - all divisible by 3
17327 - all prime numbers

Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

I can tell you that in my previous job I used to type a large amount of dictation. I'd catch myself thinking in letters instead of works (instead of "that's cool" I'd think "t-h-a-t-'-s-space-c-o-o-l") Thankfully I rarely do that anymore, it was annoying, even inside my own head!

Please tell me I'm not a freak, even if it's not true...

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I don't do the numbers thing but I most certainly do the dictation thing. I even dream of letters swimming together to make words.

Wow - I just realized that we are BOTH freaks. haha

H1 said...

Whenever they talk about numbers on TV / Movies I always start doing the math in my head. And, your cell number makes a triangle. :)

MArried to the above mentioned numbers FREAK!!!!!! said...

I don't know, Rain Man. Wanna go to Vegas with me?