Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sensory Overload


First, are you watching Treme on HBO? If not, you should be - it's really good. It's a very realistic snapshot of life in New Orleans 3 months after Katrina. Tonight was the 2nd episode so there's not too much to catch up on yet if you've missed it.

Second, I had a great time yesterday at a booksigning - I got to meet three Young Adult authors and a fellow New Orleans-area blogger. That story is over at my other place.

Third, an Ian update: He's still having a lot of pain, which I am a bit concerned about as the doctors seemed to think he'd be headed back to school any day now. He's having a really hard time getting up and down off the couch or chair or bed, and his brace won't stay up. It slipped yesterday and pulled some of his dressing down with it, so he got to see his wound for the first time and my poor baby almost passed out. It's quite a long scar and it's still all stapled together with a few extra spots where they put in the surgery tools. He's got an appointment Thursday so if he's not doing better we'll at least get a professional opinion then.

And, I'll leave you with a laugh:
Ian: I really need to shave, look at all this scruff on my face.
Me: Chicks dig scruff. Look at Gerard Butler.
Molly: Don't say "butt", say "bootie".

3 comments:

Louisiana Rose said...

That's my girl! (Molly)

Ian-luckily he's tough. I'm anxious to hear what the dr says.

Cherry said...

Hope Ian recovers well!!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Louisiana Rose: Yup, he's tough!

Cherry: Thanks hon!