Monday, January 11, 2010

Just because it feels good doesn't mean it's good for you.


You may have noticed I've been in kind of a funk lately. Not depressed, just....down. Kinda pulled into my own little cave and not letting anyone in. It lasted about six weeks or so and it's only been since New Year's that I've been feeling better. I've been trying to get out of my shell and connect with people, you know, do stuff. But today is the day where I look back at where I was and think, "That cave was comfortable, nice and warm. That cave was made just for me and no one bothered me there." Do I want to go back? No, but it's looking very tempting...I caught myself turning around and taking a step towards it today. I'm glad I've got Jerrod and SIL(H) to talk to - thank you both for letting me bitch. About everything, not just the afternoon stuff. I know I shouldn't need other people to feel validated, but sometimes it helps.

3 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

It always helps Patti! I have been there for some time now... And it is nice and warm and comfortable. But having someone to let us bitch is very nice too!!
Here is pulling your mood through!
Hugs to you! Cecile

Hannah said...

"I know I shouldn't need other people ..."

Really? Seriously?

'Coz I'd be lost.

Without you ... and the fam ... and the kids ... and ur'oen else.

*hugs*

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Awww...Cecile, you know I'm just an e-mail away if you want someone to talk to.

Thanks Hannah, that means a lot coming from you.