Tuesday, December 1, 2009

'Dis and 'Dat



Okay, first for the WHO DAT!!!!! 11 - 0 Baby!!!! The Saints are unstoppable! Woo-hoo!
This city is on a high like it hasn't had in years. I left work a few minutes after 5:00 yesterday, and the traffic (foot and car) was so thick it was crazy. I decided it would be quicker to walk to my car than wait for the garage shuttle to try to get through the traffic, and the fans were everywhere - it was pretty awesome. One of the bars was all set up to screen the game onto the wall of the building across the street for the patrons to hang out on the sidewalk and watch the game.



J stopped at this cool T-shirt shop on Magazine Street - Storyville. They had some really great stuff (insert whatever copyright legalese goes here - property of Storyville, etc). They have a huge selection of local stuff (NO, Houma, Baton Rouge, Austin TX):






So, it's pretty cold here today and Molly had an accident at the babysitter's so she's wearing a shirt, sweatshirt, and shorts when I pick her up. I have to stop at the store to pick up some soda, and I'm in line with the 3-year-old, holding two 12-packs of soda and a box of oreos (potty bribes), when the manager walks to the other register and tells me he can ring me up. He proceeds to lift the 12-packs from my hands so I don't have to juggle, then, after he rings me up, carries them out to my car in the rain! Wow - I will recommend that store to anyone and everyone I know! I've got to go back and get his name so I can contact their central store to praise him...All I can do at this point is describe him - he was huge, like he used to be a football player or something, so they'd probably know who I was talking about but I'd rather get his name.
.
.
Potty training is going okay, I guess. She's still fighting it but this afternoon she used the potty twice without saying anything - she just went straight to it and pulled down her pants and went!! I almost wept. I think she's doing it for the bite-sized snicker bars.
.
.
And I'll leave you with this: My parents and one of my brothers and his fiance came over for dinner the other night. My dad was valiantly trying to fix my computer (didn't succeed) and my brother was giving him a hard time about it. I said to him "Hey H2 - No one likes a dick." 5 pairs of eyes looked at me and as their mouths opened to reply, I said "Wait. I mean, only some people like a dick. But not everybody. Grrr...You know what I mean..."

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Am loving the "Dat Man" shirt. I think H1 NEEDS that!

Major Dad said...

I bought the "Datman" shirt. They also have a WWBD...What would breesus do!!! Gotta have it.