Friday, July 3, 2009

Houston Bound

Well, in a matter of minutes we will be out the door - destination: Houston. I've missed Ian this last week and am excited to see him as well as get out of the NOLA for a quick weekend. We'll be back on Monday. Last night while packing and trying to do last-minute laundry and dishes our power went out for almost two hours! I gave the girls their bath by candlelight - it was kind of nice. But J had a mini-generator so we were able to have one light in the living room and a fan.

Last night during her bath, BB asks, "What's the difference between thunder and lightening?" I explained. Then, "when did they invent electricity?" I explained it was discovered (for the purposes of discussion with an 8-year-old) in the 18oo's. "Oh, so Daddy lived without electricity?" BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha!!!! "....and you too?" Ouch.

2 comments:

Louisiana Rose said...

My mom, "Little Grandma," said she remembered the men coming into her house and installing electricity.

Hannah said...

My Nana's house was built long before electricity and she NEVER had air conditioning. NEVER! Summers at her house were fawesome. Fawesomely sweaty.