Monday, June 15, 2009

Fun, Friends, and Blood

The weekend went by so quickly!!! Saturday was kind of a lazy day for me (aside from the usual Saturday Chores). J went to the store and bought the kids one of those blow-up pools about the size of a bed. The girls played in it for hours - Saturday and Sunday, until Molly pooped in it! Oops! She did have a swimmy diaper on, but apparently that was not enough. Ugh.

Sunday H2F and I went to the mall to get dresses for H1 and SIL(H)'s wedding. We were both successful and can now knock one worry off my list. We had a fun day shopping and came home to J putting the finishing touches on our Mexican feast! Let me say this - J's flan came out perfect! His first try and it was awesome - raves all around!! H2 came over after work and DtM also came by. We ate, drank, and had fun until 8:00, then glued ourselves in front of the TV for Season 2 of True Blood. I enjoyed it - there were some WTF moments, and one plot point I thought they had gone over in Season 1, but all in all it was good. I think it's going to be a good season. The guys kept complaining there weren't getting any "cleavage", and the show kept showing men's butts (ass cleavage) and so the guys were grumpy - until the last few minutes when they got their reward for waiting (aww Sookie, Sookie now!). Also, my fictional boyfriend didn't get any screen time until the last 5 minutes (grrrr!!).

11 comments:

pops said...

So, did we make pigs of ourselves or something in the past? We never seem to get invited to the Mexican feasts. :-(

And, oh, Eric has a bit of a temper now, doesn't he!!

Patti said...

Wow, I'm impressed you watched it. I thought you weren't too impressed with Season 1.

Sorry about the invite, maybe next time? It's actually H2's fault - he requested it!

And yes, Eric does have a bit of a temper - you know what they say "A hungry man is an angry man!"

Stalker v1.5 said...

Flan and Eric and Sookie - oh my!

pops said...

Are you kidding? I was hooked on Season 1. I watched it on HBO On Demand, one episode after another, for like, 4 episodes at a time!!

Stalker v1.5 said...

So, Dad, tell me, are you Team Bill or Team Eric? Haha!!

Major Dad said...

Team Sookie!!!!

Major Dad said...

P.S. If you're good mother and father-in-law's I will make a flan just for you!!!

Louisiana Rose said...

I'm trying to be a good MIL. My roses are still alive.

Patti said...

Are you watching it alone or is mom keeping you company?

Louisiana Rose said...

I'm there physically, and he keeps trying to "catch me up."

pops said...

I agree with MD - TEAM SOOKIE!

I get a kick out of Tara, though.

So far Mom hasn't shown a lot of interest in "catching up", but I keep trying.

Since I haven't read the books, I'm still trying to figure out who/what some of the characters are. So much suspense!!