Thursday, September 11, 2008

Plan for Tomorrow: Wear Pants.

Hurricane Ike is (thankfully) not heading towards N.O. Whew! However, we are getting tropical storm-force winds....

I had to walk 9 blocks to my car today, and 9 blocks back to the office. In crazy wind. Wearing a gauzy, flirty skirt. Holding a purse, umbrella, and file folders. So...picture me, holding all that in one hand and desperately trying to keep my skirt where it belongs with the other hand. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I never noticed before today that there are a LOT of men who work in the CBD, and they seem to travel in packs. Every time I'd try to sneak an adjustment to my skirt a bunch of guys would pop out from around a corner, and I'd be forced to just grin and bear it, praying I had a firm hold. I can only take solace in the fact that I was not alone in my skirt-pulling endeavors. There were several women in the same predicament!

So, tomorrow, pants. Definitely pants!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

All dogs travel in packs! I do feel ya though ... it is never fun.