Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V Day

Happy V Day to you!!! Here's to you guys kissing your girl's butts!! Better do it right fellas! ('Cause you know the V doesn't stand for Valentine!!!)

Well, apparently I'm feeling a bit saucy today! Possibly because I've lost 5 lbs? Could be. Yay for me!!! Hopefully now I'll be able to stick with it.

Yesterday I was walking to the office from my car around lunchtime, and there was a pick-up truck outside the building. They were passing out NBA "no-flat" basketballs. The NBA All-Star game is here this weekend, so I guess it was some sort of PR campaign (they were filming) and I got a b-ball for Ian! I'm never in the right place at the right time, so this was pretty cool! AND, he went out and played with it for a while last night, which makes me even happier. I think he actually liked his gift!

The one low point is that I'm getting nervous about BB's party. Monday night I was really upset, but I have realized that I can't do anything about it and hopefully things will work out for the best. The little girl next door can't come and one other girl at school told her she can't come (the reason was kind of questionable), and no one else has called. So of course I'm having these horrible visions of no one showing up. It's hard because I don't know any of the parents at the new school so I don't really have anyone to ask about it. They seem kind of "clique-y", so I'm nervous about the whole thing. Every kid deserves a birthday, no matter if you hate the parents or the kid is annoying. Come on, people, I'm suffering through the Children's Museum 3 times in two weeks and how many trips to Skate Country have I made since New Years? Please. But, as I said, there's really nothing I can do about it and I know I'm a worrier so I'm trying not to.

J is going out of town again next week. I think I'm gonna have to send a letter to his boss. Or send the kids with him! Hmmm...that has potential.

The kids have been full of funny stuff, none of which I've written down, so I'm sorry you will not be entertained by the comedy stylings of my offspring. Maybe next time.

Love Ya!!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I remember being a kid at Valentine's. Do they still do the little handmade boxes and tape them to the edge of their desks?? That was awesome!!!