Monday, December 17, 2007

Back to the Old Stompin’ Grounds

First of all, let me start by apologizing for any hurt feelings I may have caused over the weekend. I know it is not a valid excuse, but I am still not feeling well and I guess it’s made me a bit cranky. There are a few things I said in jest that may have been taken in a literal manner and if I offended anyone I apologize. I try to be a courteous guest at any occasion and if I did not succeed in that endeavor at any point this weekend, my heartfelt apologies are extended.

That being said, this was a crazy weekend. Not in a good way. Saturday I tried to do a little Christmas shopping, which is what I succeeded in doing – a LITTLE Christmas shopping. I started out at the shot bus with the girls and each one got a shot. Then, off to Toys R Us and the mall. After a quick lunch, we headed over to the French Quarter. There was a terrific shop J and I visited a few months ago and they had some great stuff I wanted to send to some out-of-town folks on my shopping list. I have been planning these purchases since we found the shop. So BB, Molly, and I walked around the French Quarter for 2 HOURS and never found the shop!!! Tired, cranky, and sore would be the words I would use to describe us by the time we got back to the car. After we got home, I took care of some household stuff, and ordered pizza and salads for dinner. I’m not 3 minutes from the house when Ian calls: Molly hit her mouth on the coffee table and is bleeding everywhere. So I turn around and race home to find Ian and Molly covered in blood. Her bottom teeth look okay, so I’m calm, then I lift up her lip and look at the uppers. Oh crap! I panic! They’re covered in blood (front and back) and the gum/lip area looks pretty messed up. I call Jerrod b/c I’m not sure if I should take her to the ER and the dentist’s office doesn’t have an emergency answering machine (great time to find that out, huh?). Of course, he is working a detail and can't leave, so he is helpless. He gives me a few choice words and tells me to get a grip, and I calm down. I decide to take her to Children’s. Haven’t been there in a while. Weird to be back. Of course, the ER was packed!! We did get in relatively quickly once the triage nurse looked at her mouth. A doctor came in and looked at her, then decided he needed a second opinion. So we waited, a long time. Long enough for me to start wondering if they had called social services because the accident happened while I wasn’t home. They didn’t. It was just a long wait. However, social services was there…Ian went to get a drink from the fountain and witnessed Child Protective Services in the process of taking custody of a child. The mom was hysterical and some big guys were involved. BB was in the bathroom and together they had to pass the whole thing. When we took Molly for X-rays we had to use the stairs to get there as the police had gotten involved in the child protection case (which was all going down in the elevators). All said, we were there about 3 hours and her teeth appear to be fine. Poor Ian and BB didn’t eat until 11:30, and we all slept a bit late Sunday (even Molly). Poor Molly had blood all over her sheets when I went in to get her.

Sunday was Dad’s birthday, so we did a bit of shopping (including a trip to Whole Foods for a Tiramisu cake) then went to KenEllies for dinner. Very tasty and love the new furniture! Molly was in rare form and cute as a button. BB and Ian locked themselves in the computer room with Guitar Hero. Eventually, we headed home to wrap up our weekend and get ready for the week. Of course, Molly woke up sick, so bed was postponed a few hours while we comforted her. While we were up, we ordered our Christmas cards (let’s just say we were a little delirious and they will be interesting) so those should go out in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully a few will arrive before Christmas!

If you’re still reading, thanks for putting up with my drivel. This cold is driving me and I just can’t seem to shake the “grumpies”.


pops said...

Once again, an excellent post!

Molly was indeed cute as a button. You do have the sweetest children.

I hope the buble lights will cheer you up a bit.

Patti said...

Yes, we were so excited when you offered the lights, I can't believe we left them behind!!!

Hannah said...

Tis good to know that I am not the only who uses her blog as an apology platform. Hehe. Hope everyone is better and soon!!