Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I don't know why but Blogger won't let me title this - does that mean my titles suck? This title was gonna be "Is it lazy or is it me?".

Jerrod ordered a small gift for me that he wanted delivered yesterday (the first day of the week he is out of town). As I laid my head on my pillow at 10:30 last night I was dissappointed but hopeful that it would arrive today. I don't know if it was supposed to come USPS or UPS, but at 8:00 when the kids and I got home from dinner it was still not there. I spoke with J this morning and he asked me how I liked my gift...I told him I'd let him know tonight (hopefully). He paid an extra $14 for it to be delivered yesterday, so he called them. They left it at the door at 9:32 pm! Now, this is what gets me: I was on the computer, sitting 3 feet from my front door, from 9:00 - 10:30. No doorbell, no knock, nothing. So, I don't know exactly how large this package is, if someone can see it from the street or not, but it sat out all night - luckily the kids are home and Ian retrieved the package this morning for me, but if he wasn't, it would have sat there all day (I use the back door to leave for work in the morning). But, this isn't the first time this has happened. Honestly, I can't remember if this used to happen Pre-K (that's pre-Katrina for those of you not in New Orleans, a frequently used phrase here)I guess they don't have to knock any more, which is really messed up. I would prefer that my packages not sit outside until I decide to leave or randomly get up and go open my front door. I'm not suggesting they bang on the front door and wait 20 minutes for someone to answer, but a courteous knock followed by a minute wait would be nice. If no one answers, then leave the package. No biggie, you would think.

The worst part of all of this is: Now I have to wait until this evening for my present!!!! Waaahhh!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chalk this one up as a lesson in patience, although I'm not saying you need one.

Hope you enjoy your gift, when you finally get it.

BTW, you can go back in and edit the post and add the title.

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Nope, tried again and it won't let me near the box. That's pretty bad when your computer revolts against your posts!!!